DOHA DIARIES: MY WEEK IN THE DESSERT #23

Monday 1 June 2015

I have to admit that this has been one really quiet week.

I've barely left the house except to go to work, so my evenings have mainly been spent...

LEARNING A LANGUAGE
I have been saying it for so long and it was on my list of New Years resolutions, but I really want to learn French so I have been getting home from work and launching myself into this. I have been using the 'Collins French with Paul Noble - Learn French the Natural Way, Part 1' audiobook that I downloaded from the app store onto my iPad. For me, his method of learning really works. He doesn't start off with the basics of hi, how are you, my name is, etc. He launches straight in to teaching you how to construct sentences with easy rules for adapting these sentences into different tenses. By teaching me to say 'I have prepared the coffee', I can also say 'I have decorated the house', as he explains that English words that end in 'ation' (preparation, decoration for example), are spelt the same in French, and can easily be changed to the past tense. As this is an audio book, I am also supporting my learning with '15 Minute French - Learn in just 12 weeks' which is a handy book that I picked up from the airport. This book covers a vast range of topics and has an English to French and French to English dictionary in the back so that I can always look up how to spell the words that I am learning from the audio book. I've actually loved spending my evenings this way and am really enjoying my language learning experience so far.

DATE NIGHT AT THE MOVIES
Matt and I went to see The Avengers: Age of Ultron. I think this is the first Marvel film that I have seen and I really enjoyed it! Really want to see the rest of them now. It was just an easy going action film so it was easy for someone like me, who hasn't seen any others, to follow the storyline.

GLASSES SHOPPING
Matt hated my RayBans (and maybe he's right, maybe they didn't suit my face but not many glasses do!) so he took me off to the mall to scout out a new pair. There was a Buy One Get One Free sale at one of the stores in the City Centre - he spotted a pair he wanted so encouraged me to also look for some, and I ended up walking away with these beauties from Gucci...
I have also ordered some glasses to use whilst I am on the computer at work, and on the laptop at home, as lately I am really feeling the strain on my eyes from staring at screens. These just help to take the glare away and give my eyes a little extra protection, so I am looking forward to picking these up next week.

GYM
My health and fitness has never been the best, but I am trying to keep on top of my diet and eat as healthily as I can. Mainly, this is being aware of not repeating my food groups too much (if I have a carb heavy lunch, go lighter for dinner and vice versa). It would not be realistic of me to say that I will cut out chocolate, that will never happen (especially because my boyfriend keeps sneaking bars of my favourite Lindt Cookies & Cream chocolate bars into the shopping bag!!) but a little treat every day can't hurt, surely. I have also been enjoying getting back into the gym. As you may remember from my post about anxiety, I don't always find it that easy to pluck up the courage to go, which is daft as it's two minutes downstairs in the lift. Lately, however, I have been trying to beat the fear and go, even if it does mean going after 9:30pm. It is my favourite time to be there, as it usually looks a little something like this...

Perfect for antisocial little old me!

As I say a pretty quiet week. I am trying to save my pennies as there is lots coming up over the coming months - various trips to save for, and a big old lifestyle change on it's way that I need to be financially stable for (that totally sounds like I am expecting a child, I assure you it isn't that!!!), but of course I'll update you all when the time is right :)

As always, I hope you had a great week, wherever in the world you are reading from!

2 comments:

  1. To become a linguistic person is my long time goal. I have got some useful information from the content you shared here. You are running an awesome blog. Keep up this good work.


    French Class in Chennai
    French Course in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. ++{Hi Everyone}++

    We are providing all type of FULLZ. Freshly spammed & verified FULLZ with good quality.
    *Bulk quantity also available*

    -->Details Available In Fullz<--
    o>SSN+don+address & SSN+dob+DL+Address
    o>Employee & Bank Account Details will be given on demand
    o>High CS Fullz with complete info
    o>Fullz for SBA, PUA, E-filling & Return Filling

    **PING ME ON**
    -->ICQ >> 752822040 -->Telegram >> @leadsupplier -->Skype >> Peeterhacks

    TOOLS & TUTORIALS AVAILABLE
    -->All Types of Tools & Tutorials also available for Learning Ethical Hacking, Carding & Spamming<--
    Working & genuine tools with good validity you can get on few taps.

    o>Ethical Hacking Ebooks, Tools & Tutorials
    o>Penetration Testing
    o>Trojan using PHP
    o>Bitcoin Cracker
    o>Kali Linux
    o>DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2 with & without pin
    o>RAT's
    o>Keylogger & Keystroke Logger
    o>Whatsapp Cracked Version
    o>Robotics
    o>BTC Flasher
    o>SQL Injector
    o>BTC Cracker
    o>SMTP Linux Root
    o>Shell Scripting
    o>SMTP's, Safe Socks, Rdp's brute
    o>PHP mailer
    o>SMS Sender & Email Blaster
    o>Cpanel
    o>Server I.P's & Proxies
    o>Viruses & VPN's
    o>HQ Email Combo's

    +All tools are genuine & valid.
    +Feel free to asked for any tool & tutorial.

    **HIT ME UP ON**
    -->ICQ >> 752822040 -->Telegram >> @killhacks -->Skype >> Peeterhacks

    ReplyDelete