DOHA DIARIES: MY WEEK IN THE DESERT #16

Saturday 21 March 2015

It feels like such a long time since I last wrote a blog post!

This week actually began in England, as I had travelled home for a week to surprise my aunt who is very unwell, and spend some time with my family. I didn't write a Doha Diaries post last week for that very reason.

Sunday was Mothers Day in the UK. I spent the day at home with my parents, and then in the evening my brother and his wife Holly came round with my baby nephew, and my mum cooked an amazing spaghetti bolognese dinner for us all. I feel bad that she cooked for us all on Mothers Day but she said it was a pleasure, and it was definitely appreciated by all!

Monday was my last day in the UK, so of course I went to visit my aunt. We were with her for a good three hours and the time literally flew by. I felt very emotional saying goodbye, and can't wait to get back in the summer to see her. It was also nice seeing this furry little face! Her dog Teddy is the cutest thing.


I flew back to the sandpit on Tuesday, and was back in the office on the Wednesday.

On Thursday, our presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray had put on a charity golf event, so I went along to this in the evening after work. It was a really fun night with a lot of our regular sporting pundits in attendance - hopefully lots of money was raised. I was very surprised when my colleague Sara and I were called up on stage to be presented with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers each for helping with some elements of the travel arrangements for the event. Just as well I brought a vase back to Doha with me!


Friday was a long overdue date night with Matt. At the risk of sounding soppy I really did miss him whilst I was away! We had some dinner, and stayed in watching back to back episodes of 24 and eating some of the goodies I had brought back from England with me. You just can't beat a Cadbury's Creme Egg!


And now it is Saturday and the end of another week. I'm having a quiet night in tonight, catching up on some of my favourite blogs and finishing off a book that I have been enjoying this week which I think deserves a blog post soon!

I hope you had a great week, wherever in the world you are reading from :)

No comments:

Post a Comment