REVIEW: ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR FOUNDATION

Tuesday 20 January 2015

When it comes to foundation, I can't say that I am particularly loyal.

Over the years, I have tried countless drug store brands - my longest love affair was probably with Revlon Colour Stay, but even that romance fizzled out once I reached the end of my second bottle. Like the fickle girl I am (when it comes to makeup, of course), I moved right on to the next one in my quest to find the perfect base.

Out here in the desert, I've been struggling to find a foundation that keeps my oily skin at bay, whilst also hiding my terrible skin tone, so I consulted the Holy bible of makeup (Youtube) for some recommendations - Victoria from In The Frow listed Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation as her favourite. It promised a thick consistency and excellent, flawless coverage, which sounded right up my street, so I took myself off to Boots one day when I was back in the UK, on a mission to purchase it. I had never before been tempted to purchase a high end foundation, but one look at Victoria's amazing skin and I was sold.

Only, I forgot that I was looking for Laura Mercier, and thought I was looking for Estee Lauder Double Wear. I had my colour matched in store, and walked away with a bottle of the wrong foundation to the one I went in for. Blonde moment!!

It turned out to be a worthwhile mistake, as I am absolutely loving this foundation.


It has a thin, liquid consistency, which I have found to certainly be build-able. I apply this with my Silk Finish brush from Zoeva, which buffs in foundation like an absolute dream, giving my skin a finish that I have never before been able to achieve by blending with my fingers. I am an absolute makeup brush convert, not to mention that the Zoeva rose gold brush set is the most beautiful brush set you will ever lay eyes on.

The coverage after blending a tiny amount is even enough to flatter my skin, which is quite the achievement. I have the most angry, red, uneven skin tone, which I blame on mild acne scarring from my awkward teenage years. Until now, only my family, close friends and boyfriend have had the misfortune of seeing me bare faced and sans makeup, but for the purpose of this review, I will be brave and show you a before and after picture. Brace yourselves.

BEFORE (Obviously.)


AFTER 


I'm sure you can understand why I am very pleased with accidentally purchasing this product!

With regards to the longevity of Double Wear, it does last longer than any previous foundation that I have owned, and pretty much stays put on a night out if I set it with powder.

It also contains SPF10 - SPF in a foundation is always an added bonus!


Have you tried this foundation? What are your recommendations for the perfect base?

2 comments:

  1. I used to love this foundation, but like you I'm not that loyal haha. This post has made me want to dig it out and see if we can salvage a relationship ha! <3 x

    http://specsandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha do it Jen...rekindle that spark! Let me know how you get on :) I am a little bit addicted (for now) I must admit!x

      Delete