DOHA DIARIES: MY WEEK IN PICTURES #9

Sunday 18 January 2015


My week kicked off with attending The Entertainer Qatar 2015 launch with Harriet, before we headed up to Dunes bar afterwards for a cocktail - she's such a lovely girl, and I hope to hang out a lot more in 2015! Be sure to check out her fab Doha blog here.

On Wednesday night, one of our pundits Micky Gray very generously took us out for dinner as our 'Christmas present'. We went to Market by Jean-Georges at the W hotel, which is definitely one of my favourites. Annoyingly I left my camera at home, but we practically ate the whole menu: truffle pizza (amazing), black octopus (amazing), shrimp tempura rolls (amazing), california rolls, tomato soup (poured over a bed of cheddar cheese..amazing), salmon, lamb, ribs, and the Market Burger. All washed down with wine, and accompanied by Micky pulling out some excellent magic tricks, which even had the waiters applauding!


The girls and I got dressed up on Thursday night for our first meal out together as room mates. We went to Isaan at the Grand Hyatt hotel, where we ran in to the GM Christoph and his gorgeous wife Rachel, before heading inside for some delicious food. We were sent over some champagne, and it is still a mystery where it came from, as the obvious culprit denies it!


After dinner, we hopped in a taxi to the Rooftop at the St Regis. I can imagine in the summer (before the ridiculous humidity kicks in!) that this will become one of my favourite drinks spots, with the luxurious outdoor space and chilled atmosphere.


On Friday night, Matt and I ventured to the Astor Grill at the St Regis hotel, to trial the Entertainer app* for the first time.


This was by far one of the best meals I have had in ages. We both made the most of our buy one get one free main meal discount and opted for the Wagyu steak - fillet for me and ribeye for Matt. It was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to go back to the Astor Grill (armed with some idea about how to take good pictures in dark restaurant lighting with my new camera!) and do a full review - the restaurant is lovely and the staff were fantastic. Even the chef came over for a chat!

Last night was a much needed night in, watching The Imitation Game with Matt, which was brilliant.

Safe to say this week has very much centred around food and meals out! After being so excessive, I will definitely be getting myself down to the gym this coming week, especially as I have the Colour Run coming up which I should probably get some practise in for!

How was your week? Hope you had a good one!


2 comments: