HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Years Eve is by far my least favourite night of the year.

I think the last NYE that I genuinely enjoyed was a house party I went to when I was sixteen. Drunk on a £1.99 bottle of Lambrini and loving life, raving to drum and bass in a friend of a friends parents living room with twenty other drunk teenagers when the clock struck midnight. Good times.

Throughout my twenties came a string of disappointing NYE nights in over priced London clubs, followed by the absolute rigmarole of trying to get home, freezing cold in tiny dresses with no coat, and feet contracting all sorts of lurgies from having to take off uncomfortable high heels and walk the streets of London bare foot in search of public transport that would get us as near to home as possible, cursing at the lack of open McDonalds.

Even my first NYE in Doha was a shambles, and I vowed that I would spend every NYE going forward at home, in the warm, in my pyjamas.

That is exactly where you'll find me now, writing this blog post. Curled up on the sofa in my family home, seeing in the new year with my mum, dad, cat, and BBC's coverage of the London NYE fireworks display. Bliss.

After the year we have had, it was really important to me to see in the New Year with my loved ones - those of you who know me or have followed my blog from the beginning will know that 2014 has not been the kindest to us health-wise.

I am so lucky that I got to spend my day with so many of my nearest and dearest. My parents and I met my lovely cousins for lunch at a pub in Old Welwyn, where I finally got to meet my cousin Steph's gorgeous new baby, Oscar. Later on, we went to my brothers house to spend an hour or so with my seven week old nephew, Ryan, before going for (a really terrible) dinner at the pub down the road, just me, my mum and dad.

We saw the New Year in just the three of us and Molly the cat. BBC did an amazing job of covering the London fireworks display!




Along with 2014 bringing our family two happy, healthy babies, this year also brought me my relationship with Matt, and despite being thousands of miles away from him as the clock strikes midnight, I am so happy to be entering 2015 with him in my life.

Wherever you are in the world, I wish you a very Happy New Year. May it be full of health and happiness, which is all I wish for for my family, friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment