Settling back in...

Tuesday 26 August 2014

I've been back in the desert for about a month now, and I have to say it's taken a little while to settle back in after a week at home and a week in sunny Spain, all with people I care about enormously.

I've spent a lot of time with PW since iv been back which has helped hugely - lots of pool days and date nights - and now maybe even a little mini break in the region to look forward to (although il try not to get my hopes up!)

A week or so ago we had dinner at Spice Market in the W Hotel.


Followed by tea and cakes at the W Cafe


Clearly only needed one pot of tea...they were huge!


We couldn't leave without a cheeky persusal of the chocolate counter...


The next day we were both off so a beach and pool day was on the agenda


It's things like this that I will make the most of this year. I need to remind myself that when things get frustrating here, I need to take a step back and appreciate the good things, because my time here is only temporary. I won't always have a beach for a back garden, that's for sure!

In a bid to make new friends outside of work, I ventured back to the W hotel for lunch on my next day off to meet an Australian girl called Brooke for a business lunch at Market.



The food, as usual, didn't disappoint. The W hotel is the absolute best for restaurants in Doha. Out of the three of them (Spice Market, Market and La Spiga) La Spiga is my favourite, but Market is a close second.

I opted for the cheese burger for my main course (after a tomato a cheddar cheese soup starter that I demolished before remembering to snap it) I think the wine had hit me by the point I snapped my cheese burger, what a terrible photo!


Dessert was phenomenal. I mean, just look at it. Mmmm. Salted caramel ice cream with popcorn. Heaven in a bowl!


Spending time with non work people reminded me how important it is for me to form friendships outside of the office this year. Not that I can ever replace my friends from home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment