Doha Diaries - My week in pictures #2

Saturday 15 February 2014

Ive been pretty terrible at this blogging lark...here are some snaps of recent goings on in my life in the desert!

Getting my fix of animals...a giant fat cat called Schneider!
The GM of the Grand Hyatt hotel very kindly invited Sara and I to attend the Grammy Awards brunch, so out came the disco ball dress for the occasion!
Nabs & I

I've heard good things about Bread & Bagels so, one hungry evening I decided to order in - cream cheese and smoked salmon on one, and Nutella on the other!
Treated myself to a shiny new work phone
Sampling the cocktail menu at Trader Vics
Beverages at Hakkasan with our lovely rugby pundits - Rory Lawson, Pete Richards and David Wallace
This is an oldie from Christmas that only recently surfaced - Ali and I at Spice Market on Christmas Day
Anis and I at the launch of BeIN Sports
Matt and I took a wander to Katara and stopped for cupcakes at Red Velvet - I went for cookies and cream (can't resist anything Oreo!) and Matt opted for lemon
Me being a tourist, posing in the amphitheatre
Had a lovely meal here at Mamig recently with work pals - an Armenian/Lebanese restaurant that does the best humous iv had to date. You can sit up on the balcony and have shisha and look out across the sea...a pretty date spot :)
I haven't really posted any pictures of where I live so I thought this captures it quite well - I'm in the middle tower overlooking the city
Not content with his lemon cupcake, Matt stopped by the ice cream parlour for two scoops - melon and passion fruit
They were setting Katara up for National Sports day, a public holiday in Qatar that encourages Qataris and expats alike to participate in sporting activities. Sadly I had to work on this day so didn't get to see any of the goings on across Doha
My boss, longtime colleague and family friend Mossy left Doha to return to the UK to start a new job and be with his family, so we had a big leaving do for him at the Belgian Bar in the Old Intercontinental hotel. Alan Shearer came along and got papped by everyone so I thought I'd get involved!
The girls and I went to Spice Market in the W for Jemma's birthday meal. We celebrated before hand with strawberries and bubbles (and managed to resist cracking into the Red Velvet cupcakes!)
Valentines day was spent at the Grand Hyatt hotels 'Red Ball' carrying on the birthday celebrations for Jemma's birthday. Lovely Nigel Spackman couriered the new dress I'm wearing (Zara, current stock..in love!!!) all the way from England so I thought I'd show him some love!
Sara and I - team blonde, minus Vicky!
I've been trying to fill my time here in Doha with fun activities, and saying yes to as much as possible, and it seems I'm finally starting to enjoy my time here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment