Doha diaries - my week in pictures #1

Wednesday 8 January 2014


My company rebranded on 1st January, from Al Jazeera Sports to BeIN Sports

We covered the PSG v Real Madrid game live from the Khalifa Stadium, Doha, so I went along to watch the game

As a thank you for coordinating the travel for a tennis guest on the Arabic sports channel for their Exxon Mobil Open coverage, my contact kindly gave me a VIP ticket to the tennis. I watched Nedal v Kamke, and my newfound love for tennis was born! Il definitely be going to Wimbledon when I move back to the UK
Took a break from sporting events to relax on the beach

My friend Matt bought me a waffle maker for Christmas, so my neighbour Danny came round for breakfast, and gave me a demonstration on correct flour sifting technique!

These amazing Christmas gifts came in the post for me from my brother and my sister in law. My wonderful family and my baby cat. Miss home so much!

My friend Ali celebrated his birthday in the desert, so him, Danny, Jason and I went to Hakkasan (my favourite restaurant, ever!)
Cocktails, followed by fried Hakka Dimsum platter, duck salad, chilli prawns, duck rolls, Chilean honey glazed sea bass, black pepper king crab and steak in pepper corn sauce. Amazing meal!

With the Internet finally installed in our apartment after two months of waiting, I've finally been able to put my feet up and catch up on my favourite UK TV shows ... 'No likey...no lighty!'

No comments:

Post a Comment